GM Camshaft Timing Tools - High Feature V6 (07 Onwards)
Check Our New Flyer Below!
Camshaft retaining plates for use in timing the GM High Feature Alloytec V6 fitted to the Commodore and Captiva.
IMPORTANT: DM11-A1756 and DM11-A1843 are NOT interchangeable.
From the initial production of the HFV6, there have been four timing drive systems. To accommodate servicing the various timing drive configurations, two different sets of camshaft locking tools have been introduced.
How to Use:
- The camshafts must be held at TDC to properly set timing, especially once the inner timing chain is set. Both camshafts on each head must be held to time either head in turn.
- The camshafts on the left head must be held while timing the camshafts on the right head.
- During this procedure, the left head camshafts are under spring pressure, and can cause the cams to turn, leading to mis-timing the engine.
- On the left head, OEM tool DM11-A1843 -1 is installed to hold the cams, and timing is set per published service information.
- When the engine is at the second timing position to set the right head chain, OEM tool DM11-A1843 -2 is installed to hold the left head cams, and OEM tool DM11-A1843 -3 is installed on the right head cams.
- Both OEM tools DM11-A1843 -1 and DM11-A1843 -2 are slotted to allow them to be installed over the SIDI drive portion of the camshaft in future applications.
Failure to use DM11-A1843 can result in incorrect timing, leading to engine damage.
Models: Commodore / Captiva (07->)
Commodore VE 3.0L / 3.6L (LF1, LLT) 2009 - 2012
Commodore VF 3.0L / 3.6L (LFW, LFX) 2013 Onwards
Captiva CG 3.0L LF1 2011 - 2012
Statesman WM 3.6L (LLT) 2009 - 2012
Engines: 2.8L / 3.0L / 3.6L
|Unit Of Measure||ea|
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Ozwide Tools Pty Ltd users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.